Monday, May 16, 2011

The Aftermath of Raising Money

As you can see on my side bar there I have successfully funded my book! Now I have to get the most for my money. I have already pre-sold 50 copies and so I have to make sure I cover that and can get them out at the most effective price. I know my model is a bit backward. I'm supposed to build myself up online before I ever attempt a physical book, but I can't help wanting it in my hands!

I want to feel my accomplishment and be able to physically hand it to someone when they ask about it. Trust me if I wasn't unemployed I would be revving up my marketing engine to go full blast with this thing. The sad truth is that my star has not reached the epic level needed to live off my art. Shocking I know. So I must husband my resources carefully so I can reach the people that really matter.


I'm working on a new cover, and I have a sticker design in place, if I can get the scanner working I will have a sneak peek for you. I am also working on all of the commissions for the Kickstarter campaign! They gave me a bunch of fun requests for their art.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment