Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Blood, Sweat and Tears...

In preparation for my submission to the Xeric Grant I wanted to show a bit of process. I have pencils inks and letters for the first page of the book below. I would have put up my thumbnails as well but they are indecipherable. Since I am writing the script too, I tend to cheat on the script writing and thumb nailing process. It's an active choice that keeps the process organic. I also sketch out the diaolgue and then flesh it out once I have the art. Sometimes this requires that I change the art again but I like using the parts like building blocks to get the whole thing together. 

It's one of the benefits to being my own creative team. I can work however I want and I can beat the artist when she doesn't deliver.



No comments:

Post a Comment